Production of rolled products decreased by 16.3% over a month
Ukrainian mining & metals companies reduced steel production in May by 10.3% to 1.64 million tons against May 2019, according to the updated statistics of Ukrmetallurgprom.
Production of rolled products in May shrank by 16.3% to 1.46 million tons, while production of pig iron decreased by 0.2% to 1.68 million tons.
Production of sinter iron ore in Ukraine increased by 3.3% to 2.7 million tons in May.
In January–May, Ukrainian steel producers reduced production of:
- steel by 10.5% to 8.3 million tons;
- rolled products by 6.2% to 7.43 million tons;
- pig iron by 6.5% to 8.16 million tons;
- sinter ore by 1.4% to 13.1 million tons;
- coke by 9.1% to 4.02 million tons;
- pipe products by 29.8% to 330 thousand tons.
19 out of 21 blast furnaces, 4 out of 8 open-hearth furnaces, 14 out of 16 BOFs, 6 out of 15 electric-arc furnaces, and 15 out of 16 continuous casting machines are currently in operation.
As reported earlier, in 2019, Ukrainian mining & metals companies reduced steel production by 1.2% to 20.85 million tons. Production of pig iron fell by 2% to 20.6 million tons, and rolled products by 0.9% to 18.2 million tons compared to 2018.