Member companies of Ukrtruboprom cut production by more than a third
In January–July 2020, Ukrainian pipe companies reduced pipe production by 28.7% to 472.4 thousand tons compared to the same period a year earlier, according to Interfax-Ukraine.
Member companies of Ukrtruboprom cut production of pipes by 36.1% to 310.1 thousand tons in the first seven months of 2020.
In July, Ukraine produced 69.6 thousand tons of pipes, of which 43.1 thousand tons were made by Ukrtruboprom member companies.
In the first seven months, production at Interpipe companies reduced as follows:
- Interpipe NTRP — by 44.5% to 85.2 thousand tons;
- Interpipe NMPP — by 35.5% to 42.4 thousand tons;
- Interpipe Niko Tube — by 28.3% to 170 thousand tons.
In January–July, Dniprovskiy Pipe Works produced 0.3 thousand tons of pipes against 14.7 thousand tons in the same period of the previous year. Centravis cut production by 13.8% to 11.2 thousand tons. Trubostal’s output shrank by 37.5% to 1 thousand tons of pipes.
In the same period, non-member companies of Ukrtruboprom showed the following results:
- Ilyich Iron and Steel Works — 82.8 thousand tons (-10% against the same period of 2019);
- Kominmet — 79.5 thousand tons (-6.8%).
In 2019, Ukraine cut production of pipes by 9.1% to 1.002 million tons against the previous year.