The list includes metal-forming machines, fork lift trucks
The Cabinet of Ministers listed rolled products from carbon, and other alloy steels, rods, and cold-formed bars, and some metal structures, and their parts, as critical imports.
The corresponding list is given in the Decree No. 266 dated March 13, 2022, posted on the government website.
In particular, the list of flat products is added with following positions:
- flat-rolled products of carbon steel, 600 mm width or more, hot-rolled, unclad, without galvanic or other coating: other, hot rolled not in coils, without later processing, more than 10 mm thick: more than 15 mm thick (code – 7208512000);
- flat-rolled products of carbon steel, 600 mm width or more, clad, galvanized or otherwise coated: painted, varnished, or plastic-covered (7210708000);
- flat-rolled products of other alloy steels, 600 mm width or more: other, hot-rolled without coils, without further processing: other: more than 10 mm thick (7225404000);
- flat-rolled products of other alloys steel, 600 mm width or more: other, hot-rolled, not in coils, without later processing: other: of a thickness of 4,75 mm or more, but not more than 10 mm (72250406000);
- flat-rolled products of other alloys steel, 600 mm width or more: other, hot-rolled, not in coils, without later processing: other: less than 4.75 mm thick (72250409000).
Changes include rods, and cold-formed bars, diameter more or less 80 mm (codes 7228506100, 7228506900 respectively), as well as metal structures made of ferrous metals, and aluminum (7308905100, 7610909000). There is an exemption in steel structures for prefabricated building structures of heading 9604.
The list also includes copper foil (7410120000), fork lift trucks (8427), machine tools, metalworking machines (8459490000), taps, valves, faucets, and pipe fittings (8481).
Other strategic goods of the list include yogurt, kefir, mineral water, tobacco raw, salt, hydrogen, photographic plates, and film, doors, windows, and their frames, cigarette paper, cotton, wool, tights, socks, bras, bags, and packaging bags.
As a reminder, in 2021 Ukraine increased the domestic consumption of rolled metal by 4.14% year to year, to 5.12 million tons. Imports accounted for 1.16 million tons, or 22.6% of the total capacity of the Ukraine rolled steel market. The share of import decreased by 2.35% year to year.