Member companies of Ukrtruboprom ramped up production of pipes by 2.2%
In January–April 2021, Ukrainian major pipe companies increased production by 5.2% to 289.1 thousand tons compared to the same period of the previous year, according to Interfax-Ukraine.
In April, 86.2 thousand tons of pipes were produced.
Member companies of Ukrtruboprom increased production of pipes by 2.2% to 183.5 thousand tons in 4M, including 58 thousand tons produced in April.
In January–April, Interpipe companies produced:
- Interpipe NTRP — 59.2 thousand tons (+13.4% against January–April 2020);
- Interpipe NMPP — 14.8 thousand tons (-23.8%);
- Interpipe NIKO TUBE — 99.8 thousand tons (+3.9%).
In 4M, Dniprovskiy Pipe Works was idle, while in the same period of the previous year it produced 0.3 thousand tons. Centravis cut production by 10.4% to 6 thousand tons. Production at Trubostal shrank by 14.3% to 0.6 thousand tons.
Non-member companies of Ukrtruboprom showed the following results in 4M:
- Ilyich Iron and Steel Works — 50.2 thousand tons (-3.8% against 2020);
- Kominmet — 55.4 thousand tons (+28.5%).
As GMK Center reported earlier, in 2020, Ukraine’s pipes exports decreased by 22.8% to 473.1 thousand tons against 2019. Revenues from pipes exports dropped by 22.8% to $521.9 million.
In 2020, Ukraine cut production of pipes by 16.3% to 854 thousand tons against 2019.