In total, salaries of Ukrainian steel workers have increased by 2.5% over the past half year
In July, salaries of Ukrainian steel workers increased by 2.46% to ₴18,484 thousand compared to January 2021. The largest growth was recorded at the non-ferrous metallurgy companies (+18.3%), pipe companies (+16.8) and in the coke industry (+10%), according to the Trade Union of Metallurgists and Miners of Ukraine (TUMMU).
In July, average salaries in the mining & metals sector were as follows:
- in the steel industry as a whole — ₴18.48 thousand (+3.5% against June and +2.46% against January);
- in the iron and steel industry — ₴20.39 thousand (+5.2% against June, and in January, salary rates were almost the same);
- in the pipe industry — ₴15.54 thousand (-4% against June and +16.8% against January);
- in the mining industry — ₴21.25 thousand (+9.5% against June and +10.7% against January);
- in the non-ferrous metals industry — ₴12.78 thousand (-7.2% against June, +18.3% against January);
- in the coke industry — ₴22 thousand (+7.6% against June, +10% against January).
As reported earlier, in 2020, average salaries in Ukraine’s mining & metals sector of Ukraine increased in almost all segments against 2019. The average salary in the steel industry increased by 3.1% over the year, while salaries at pipe and non-ferrous metals companies slightly decreased.