News Industry Ukrzaliznytsia 28 December 2022
During the year, the railway operator successfully held 143 auctions out of 375 published
In 2022, Ukrzaliznytsia (UZ) successfully implemented in the system Prozorro. Sale 113.04 thousand scrap ferrous metals with a total value of UAH 669.98 million. This is 43.8% and 55.4% less, respectively, compared to 2021.
Thus, during the year, the UZ managed to hold 143 auctions out of 375 published ones. Among the main buyers of raw materials were:
- Metinvest-Resources – 37 lots (33.28 thousand tons for UAH 178.1 million);
- Dniprostal – 36 lots (30.34 thousand tons for UAH 155.66 million);
- Ferolit – 16 lots (12.3 thousand tons for UAH 95.19 million).
In addition, the railway operator’s scrap metal was bought by Energosteel Plant, Ekotovresurs, Zahid-Technomedbud, Keramet, Ukrmet-Invest, Ukrmet Center, Alliancemetprom and others.
Various types of raw materials were presented among the scrap sold, including rails, wheels, pads, wheel axles, wagon frames and others.
In general, the railway year the operator planned to implement 170 thousand tons of scrap metal. The state company also intended to dismantle 13,000 wagons, the weight of which is partially included in the above figure.
As GMK Center reported earlier, in 2021, Ukrzaliznytsia sold 201.2 thousand tons of scrap ferrous metals with a total value of UAH 1.503 billion. This is 38.8% more in monetary terms and 2.6 times more than in kind compared to 2020.
In 2021, UZ managed to hold 84 auctions out of 210 published. Among the main buyers of raw materials are:
- Dniprostal – 28 lots (82.2 thousand tons for UAH 631.4 million);
- Metinvest-Resources – 26 lots (80.8 thousand tons for UAH 592.2 million);
- Ferolit – 16 lots (13.8 thousand tons for 112.2 million UAH).